Kate's bookshelf: read

The Lovely Bones

More of Kate's books »
Kate's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Monday, April 11, 2011

Journal 3/11

Lightning Storm

Trees crash in the middle of the night waking up the whole house
Light fills the dark cold rooms
Can't sleep when this natural nightlight peeps through the windows
I turn on a light to see if everything is ok
CRASH BOOM the lights of the house flicker on and off once then never again
In panic I reach for my phone to set an alarm for the day of school that awaits me
Lay down in the crushed up sheets I get back to sleep
Buzz Buzz the alarm rings it is 6:00 am school in an hour
The birds chirp the storm is over

2 comments:

  1. good job! i like how you were descriptive of your storm. it makes it feel that we are actually apart of the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was really good, you were really descriptive!

    ReplyDelete